Buy an eligible pool cover, and receive a $200 rebate back from Sydney Water!
For a limited time, Sydney Water is offering customers a rebate of up to $200 as part of their Pool Cover Rebate pilot program.
Why is Sydney Water offering a rebate for pool covers and pool cover rollers?
An average-sized uncovered swimming pool in Sydney evaporates over 40,000 litres of water per year. A pool cover will help to stop water from evaporating from your pool. Sydney Water would like to support the use of pool covers and run a survey to determine how much water pool owners can save over a typical swimming season. The trial results will be used to plan future water-saving programs.
Who can claim a rebate in the program?
- Owners of new and existing pools without existing covers with a Sydney Water connection
- Residential customers only
- Owners wishing to replace existing covers with new ones may qualify for a rebate if photos can be shown that the existing cover is not fit for purpose and is at the end of its useful life.
What pool covers are eligible for a rebate?
The rebate is for pool covers that
- are new
- have a minimum surface area of 25 square metres
- are endorsed under the Climate Care Certified scheme
- are installed on a rolling system (pool roller)
How do I apply for the Pool Cover Rebate?
What is the Climate Care Certification Program?
Not all pool covers are not the same. Pool covers approved under the Climate Care Certified Program have been independently tested to achieve industry best practices and can withstand the
harsh Australian climate. A pool cover that has met these stringent requirements means that you can purchase confidently, knowing that you are choosing a certified environmentally sustainable solution.
A Climate Care Certified approved pool cover under the Sydney Water Pool Cover Rebate Program provides the following benefits:
- Confidence knowing that you are choosing a certified and environmentally sustainable pool cover
- Comfort that your pool and spa pool cover is responsibly made
- Verifiable and certified evaporation and water savings
- A cover that meets strict durability and performance standards
Pool Cover Facts
Uncovered, your swimming pool can lose up to 40,000 litres of water per year! Pool covers provide a host of benefits, including:
- Reducing evaporation by 95-97%, saving you many thousands of litres of pool water per month
- Protecting your swimming pool from external debris, meaning your pool stays cleaner for longer;
- Maximising pool heating efficiency and heat retention, and in turn saving you money
- Reducing the cost and consumption of chemicals that are lost in evaporation
- Extending your swim season, giving your more time to enjoy your investment
- Can be customised to fit almost any swimming pool (including infinity edge pools and spas)
- Come in a variety of colours to suit your pool space
- Are easy to remove and replace with the use of a swimming pool roller
Why is Sydney Water spending money to save water when our dams are full?
During the 2017-2020 drought, our dams went from being full down to 50% capacity in 2 ½ years! Sydney Water aims to create a resilient, drought-proof city so when the next drought hits, we are well prepared and ready to deal with the challenges it brings. Climate Care certified pool covers have a minimum 5-year warranty and will continue to deliver water-saving well into the future. contact form.
Find Out More
With over 30 years of experience in pool heating, NCS chooses to work only with the highest quality products. Our quaility Australian Made, Climate Care Certified Pool Covers are welded to size in our factory on the NSW Central Coast. They are made to stay in shape, protect your pool and keep in the warmth for up to 10 years. For more information on Solar Pool Covers or the Pool Cover Rebate Program, contact the team on 1300 138 864, or for an obligation free quote, fill in our contact form.